The fifth annual Radical Innovation in Hospitality competition is seeking entries from hospitality professionals and students for their groundbreaking ideas. Co-founded by The John Hardy Group and Hospitality Design (HD) magazine, the Radical Innovation in Hospitality competition promotes innovation and global thought-leadership in hospitality. It showcases the best hospitality strategies in architecture and interior design that incorporate new concepts and enhance the guest experience.
Entries are welcome from individual designers, design teams, brands, and design students across the globe and will be judged by a jury of top hospitality development experts, investors, and industry insiders. The two most radically innovative entries will receive Las Vegas airfare and accommodations to attend the 2011 Hospitality Design Exposition & Conference (HD Expo) in Las Vegas. On May 20th, the finalists will describe their concepts in-depth and explore project merits with the jury before opening up the final decision to attendees who will cast their votes in real-time to determine the $10,000 grand-prize winner. The runner-up and the student winner each receive $1,500.
The jurors are:
- Claude Amar, president, The John Hardy Group International
- John Hardy, president and CEO, The John Hardy Group
- Michael Medzigian, chairman and managing partner, Watermark Capital Partners
- Jena Thornton, LEED AP, vice president hotels, Kennedy Associates Real Estate Counsel, LP
- Simon Turner, president, global development, Starwood Hotels Resorts
- James Woods, managing partner, Keen Partners
- Special guest juror: Wing Chao, famed innovator and architect
Submission deadline is March 1st. Entry forms and complete details are available online at www.radicalinnovationinhospitality.com.
Pictured: 2010 winner WATG for Mosaic PATHWAY, a solution for temporary housing needs for special events and disaster situations